I just discovered this video, "What Do the Letters Say?" It gets kids singing letter names and repeating letter sounds. It's upbeat and just makes me smile! Have Fun Teaching even thought to introduce consonants and vowels as they created this video! I'm so excited that I just have to share a few ideas for using it in the classroom. (Click on the picture to view the video.)
1) Give each child an alphabet chart and a special pointer. Have kids point at each letter as they sing and say the sound.
2) Use an alphabet chart and a set of magnetic letters. Challenge kids to match the letters as they sing along. (Pause as needed to give kids a chance to catch up.)
3) Duplicate an alphabet tracing sheet. Have kids trace each letter as they sing.
4) To line up for lunch or recess, randomly give kids a letter card. Have them come line up as the class sings their letter.
5) Use this song as a BrainBreak. Kids can hop up whenever they hear a letter that's in their name.
Looking for an interesting link for your next newsletter? Send the link to this free YouTube video home so kids can enjoy it at home with their families.
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your ideas for using this video.