Guided Reading (RtI) Lesson - Level C


One thing I've always enjoyed, but didn't often get to do, was to watch other teachers present lessons. I just came across this guided reading video. So - I decided to share it in hopes that it might be a conversation starter. 



I think these kids are just great and I hope you enjoy watching them read, build words and talk about books! (Sorry the resolution isn't better.  I had to compress it three times to get it small enough to load here.)

This is a 20 minute guided reading lesson. Watching the video, I thought of ten questions (below) that I'd consider while evaluating this lesson. If you'd like a copy of these questions, click here.

If you have other ideas for questions to ask ourselves as we complete lessons, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment below.

If anyone else wants to join in and share a lesson, just let me know. I would be happy to add your video here! (Imagine having a collection of videos to watch? As much as I have an aversion to seeing myself on film, it seems worth sharing a lesson with all my cyberfriends.) 



 Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!    :) Anne Gardner

1 comment:

  1. Opening the floor for discussions and reflections on the lesson is reminiscent of what effective teaching is about. Similarly, having access to reliable towing in new york city becomes very important when it comes to navigating through a city that never sleeps. This fosters collaboration between teachers so that they can share their experiences.

    I anticipate additional reading on reflections you have made from this guided video, your evaluation questions and maybe some connections that you might draw with dependable support both in education context and real life situations in New York City. It’s great when educators come together to exchange ideas and experiences.

    ReplyDelete